Projects are judged for their degree of difficulty, creativity in design, innovative construction techniques, cooperation among contractors and management, and sustainability efforts.
Commission House is a new apartment development located in the Lowertown Historic District neighborhood of downtown St. Paul.
The original building was designed by Allen Stem and built by G.M. Deets in 1889 and was used for varying agricultural and retail tenants, most recently home to the Seestedt Carpets Building.
Pope Architects partnered with The Ackerberg Group and Northland Real Estate Group to remodel and redevelop the three-story building into 26 apartments and storefront retail.
Owner: Ackerberg, Northland Real Estate Group
Architect: Pope Architects
Contractor: Weis Builders, Inc.
Structural Engineer: Mattson Macdonald Young
MEP Engineer: Cain Thomas Associates Inc.