The Commission House building was opened in 1889 and is located in the Lowertown Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places. The building was used for varying agricultural and retail tenants, and housed the Seestedt Carpets Co. since 1966.
Pope Architects has been working with Northland Real Estate Group for the last year studying ways to redevelop the three-story building. The Ackerberg Group purchased the building and is in partnership with Northland on the project.
The three-story, 29,000-square-foot building close to the Saints CHS Field will be renovated to include apartments on the upper floors and a Chuck & Don’s Pet Food & Supplies store and WellHaven Pet Health veterinarian office on the ground level.
“What we are trying to create is a pedestrian-friendly environment that is walkable to all of these amenities,” Brian Farrell, Northland Real Estate Group Principal.