We are seeking a Specifications/technical writer with a strong knowledge of architectural materials, products, building systems and construction procedures and methodologies. In this position, you will be responsible for writing, editing and coordinating architectural specifications and other related technical documents for a variety of project types.
- Review drawings and interact with project teams to develop and assemble specifications for the firm;
- Coordinate with consultants, clients and contractors to incorporate their requirements into project manuals;
- Perform material, product and building systems research for project teams and assist project teams with shop drawing and product substitution review;
- Assist with reviewing and preparing proposals and drafting contracts;
- Provide ongoing improvement of the office Master Specification Library, including its customized sustainable and project type content;
- Research and assist with planning educational opportunities for the firm;
- Foster a culture of excellent external and internal client service.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ideal candidate will have a diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices including extensive knowledge regarding architectural materials, products, contract relationships, and building systems;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Familiarity with ARCOM MastersSpec;
- Familiarity with AIA Contract Documents and Bluebeam a plus.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in architecture, registered Architect a plus – or equivalent in education and/or experience;
- 2 + years in architectural practice, prior experience writing specifications is a plus;
- LEED AP or LEED AP with specialty a plus;
- Construction Specifications Institute CCS credential a plus.